Calling MPH Students
IVUmed measures the impact of their work by partnering with physicians in low-resource countries on research projects.
A Unique Opportunity
IVUmed is accepting applications for public health student research scholarships. This program is open to public health graduate students interested in global health.
- 3-6 weeks of research time in an IVUmed partner hospital in Africa, Asia, or Caribbean.
- Travel, logistics, and emergency insurance funded and coordinated by IVUmed
- Scholarship to support travel and living expenses
- Research mentorship from an IVUmed board member surgeon/researcher
- Help with meaningful research including investigating economic impacts of urological diseases and injuries, NGO program measurement and evaluation, and more
- Opportunity to co-author a peer-reviewed article
- Opportunity to participate in an IVUmed surgical training workshop during research time abroad
- Work with surgeons and researchers in Africa, Asia, or Caribbean
Now Accepting Applications
The 2019-2020 application deadline is June 1, 2019. Please contact Josh Wood for more information and application materials at 801-524-0201 or Josh.Wood@ivumed.org.