Traveling Resident Scholarships
IVUmed’s Traveling Resident Scholar Program gives urology trainees in North America the opportunity to travel with mentor urologists to teaching hospitals in low-resource parts of Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. Under the guidance of a board-certified urologist, trainees witness first-hand the level of need in the countries in which they serve, the resourcefulness required to operate in such settings, the joy of serving children and adults in need, and the importance of continued international medical volunteerism and training. Since 1999, more than 250 residents have received a mentored international scholarship.
- 1 to 2-week trip, coordinated by IVUmed staff
- Diverse surgical experience with exposure to cases not often seen in the United States
- Collaboration with mentors from other programs
- New appreciation and insight into the international medical community
With long-lasting relationships in over 30 countries, IVUmed provides a safe and unique experience for residents that also benefits their training programs, the host countries, and scholarship sponsors.
- Urology residents and fellows in North America who will be PGY-3 or above during the following academic year are eligible to apply.
The application deadline is March 1.