Our Mission: IVUmed is committed to making quality urological care available to people worldwide.
We improve medical and surgical outcomes
We teach new approaches
We improve access to healthcare
Our founder, Catherine deVries, MD began her international work in 1992. She provided pediatric teaching and care in Honduras in partnership with the plastic surgery group ReSurge. To focus on the huge need for urological care and training, Dr. deVries founded IVUmed in 1995. Now hundreds of IVUmed volunteers provide patient care and professional training worldwide.
Awards and Recognition
IVUmed and its founder, Catherine deVries, MD, have received a number of awards, including:
- 2012 Surgical Humanitarian Award from the American College of Surgeons
- 2011 American Red Cross Hero
- 2006 Dr. Nathan Davis Award for Excellence in International Medicine by the American Medical Association
- Best in State in 2003 as Utah’s premier humanitarian organization
- 2002 Health Care Hero by Utah Business Magazine
- 1999 best organized and most valuable teaching team serving Cuba
Interested in receiving our newsletter or helping to further our mission? Complete the form below.