In a country that predominately holds to a nomadic lifestyle and where horses outnumber humans, surgical care is difficult to obtain. As local surgeons advance and fine-tune the basic skills taught to them by IVUmed volunteers over 10 years, the focus has now turned to complex pediatric and adult conditions such as strictures, cancer, and advanced laparoscopic work.
- Pittsburgh Fundraising Event
- Urologic Oncology Surgical Workshop in Kigali, Rwanda
- Finding Meaning in Medicine: International Volunteers in Urology and Humanitarian Outreach
- FOCUS: IVUmed Adult Reconstructive Urology Workshop in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia – May 2022
- Recap: IVUmed at AUA 2022 in New Orleans
- IVUmed at AUA 2022 in New Orleans
- Congratulations, Dr. Ian Metzler!
- Recap: Our Pediatric Workshop in Lusaka, Zambia
- Hidden Faces of Urology: Vesicovaginal Fistula
- Remembering Dr. Paul Farmer – A Global Health Visionary