The core mission of IVU is grounded in respect for all people regardless of race, nationality, or beliefs. Humanitarian missions designed to teach one, reach many reflect efforts to help develop local capabilities to treat under-served populations and people in need. IVU’s reach is worldwide, but the organization is based in the United States. Unfortunately, recent events have shown that remnants of the racial and social injustices toward African Americans which have marred our country’s past persist and sometimes are expressed in despicable ways. As an organization dedicated to the dignity and value of every person, we offer our support to all who work to improve the lives of those who suffer from both overt and subtler acts of racial injustice.
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Workshop in Dakar, Senegal
- Pittsburgh Fundraising Event
- Urologic Oncology Surgical Workshop in Kigali, Rwanda
- Finding Meaning in Medicine: International Volunteers in Urology and Humanitarian Outreach
- FOCUS: IVUmed Adult Reconstructive Urology Workshop in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia – May 2022
- Recap: IVUmed at AUA 2022 in New Orleans
- IVUmed at AUA 2022 in New Orleans
- Congratulations, Dr. Ian Metzler!
- Recap: Our Pediatric Workshop in Lusaka, Zambia
- Hidden Faces of Urology: Vesicovaginal Fistula