- Frontier Urology Education Program
- General Urology
- International Scholarships
- Pediatric Urology Program
- Reconstructive Urology
- Traveling Resident Scholars
- Urologic Oncology
- Women’s Health
Traveling Resident Scholars
IVUmed’s Traveling Resident Scholar Program gives North American urology trainees the opportunity to travel with a mentor to volunteer their time and talents in developing-world hospitals. Under the guidance of a board-certified urologist, trainees witness first-hand the level of need in the countries in which they serve, the resourcefulness required to operate in such settings, the joy of serving children and adults in dire need of urological care, and the importance of continued international medical volunteerism and training. Since 1999, more than 220 residents have received a mentored international scholarship.
- 1-2 week trip, coordinated by IVUmed staff
- Diverse surgical experience with exposure to cases not often seen in the United States
- Collaboration with mentors from other programs
- New appreciation and insight into the international medical community
With long-lasting relationships in over 30 countries, IVUmed provides a safe, effective, and unique experience for residents that also benefits their training programs, the host countries, and scholarship sponsors.
As of December 1, 2016 the following scholarships are available for the 2017-2018 academic year. North American urology residents and fellows who will be PGY-3 or above during the following academic year are eligible to apply. The application deadline for most scholarships is February 1, 2017 unless otherwise indicated (see SESAUA ). For AUA section-specific scholarships, only residents from that section may apply.
- Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA (1-2 Scholarships Available)
- New York Section of the AUA (1 Scholarship Available)
- Northeastern Section of the AUA (1 Scholarship Available)
- South Central Section of the AUA (1 Scholarship Available)
- Southeastern Section of the AUA (Click here for information regarding the SESAUA application process)
- SUFU (1 Scholarship – Tentative): Applicant must intend on going into a fellowship focused on female or reconstructive urology.
- Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) (1 Scholarship – Tentative): Resident must intend on going into a fellowship focused on uro-oncology.
- University of Iowa – Richard D. Williams Memorial Scholarship Fund (1 Scholarship Available): Only residents from the University of Iowa may apply.
- Western Section of the AUA (1 Scholarship Available)
Questions? Please see a list of our frequently asked questions here.