Medical Volunteers: Apply Now
How to Volunteer
Get involved with IVUmed. With over 20 years of experience, IVUmed is a leader in global health and development. By volunteering with us, you can do what you do best, and let us take care of the rest!
What to Expect
IVUmed needs experts in the fields of urology, anesthesia, and nursing to fulfill our mission. Volunteer your time and talents to help teach medical personnel in partner hospitals throughout the world. Our teams conduct week-long workshops, which offer hands-on surgical training to local doctors and nurses and care to children and adults in need.
Doctors are responsible for covering all travel related expenses plus a standard contribution of $250. Depending on the training we may also need volunteer nurses. We have limited scholarships available to help cover nurses’ travel expenses. Nurses are asked donate a standard contribution of $600 when a scholarship is offered. Please contact us for more information.
What do I get for my contribution?
- Travel to a vetted IVUmed training site with a team of IVUmed volunteers.
- Assistance with travel booking, logistics, and planning of the workshop.
- Access to useful travel info: travel tips and CDC health recommendations
- Enrollment for emergency medical traveler’s insurance coverage
- Enrollment with the State Department for emergency support
- Access to experienced volunteers who have been to the site
- Assistance with donations of supplies for the training
- Data and research that measures the impact of our work, and your contribution
- Participation in a global network, expanding access to quality urological care!
How to Apply
- REVIEW. Review our available volunteer opportunities, and identify an opportunity that matches your availability, interest, and skills.
- APPLY. Complete and submit a volunteer application form (found below) along with your CV and let us know which specific opportunity you are interested in.
- MATCH. IVUmed staff will confirm the site needs and availability and begin planning logistics.
- GO. Travel to your life-changing volunteer assignment in Africa, Asia, or Latin America.
Student or non-medical professional? Click here for more information.